Thursday 9 February 2017

February 9th, 2017 - Photo 40 of 365

Night Of A Thousand Candles
I resurrected my old turntable last year, and through the wonders of modern technology I am able to plug it through my TV sound system giving me a cracking good sound. Many of my old records I have since got on CD or downloaded, but you can't beat a bit of vinyl. I'm not sure where I stand of the sound quality debate between vinyl and digital, but holding the record and being able to read the notes on the sleeve, well there is only one winner... 

It's great fun going through my old collection, so the record on the turntable today is Nights Of A Thousand Candles by The Men They Couldn't Hang. It's one of my records that I don't have in any other format and I probably haven't played it in over 25 years. Cracking LP and it was really nice meeting drummer Jon Odgers and his partner Jillian Mclaren last weekend at The Gathering 25 in North Wales, which is a celebration of the music of Mike Peters and The Alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment