Sunday 5 February 2017

February 4th, 2017 - Photo 35 of 365

Mike Peters at The Gathering
I have just returned from my annual trip to see Mike Peters and The Alarm at The Gathering in Llandudno, North Wales. This was Gathering 25 and my 17th one on the bounce. As ever it was a fantastic weekend with concerts on both the Friday and Saturday nights. There's a new (maybe 2) album coming in 2017 so there was plenty of new material played and it was sounding superb, so exciting times. I got this shot of Mike when he performed a few songs on a little podium at the back of the arena.

On a personal level it was an amazing weekend. I finally have made efforts to come out of my shell and make friendships at an event where I have spent many years keeping to myself just enjoying the music. Everyone was so kind and incredibly supportive of the bowel cancer fundraising book. Over £100 was raised in sales on this weekend alone. It really was quite staggering just how many people I had never met wanted to buy and support the book. In fact over the last year the support I have had from Alarm fans over Mum's illness and her passing has been wonderful and a great help. This continued right through the weekend and I feel it will have played a big part in my healing process for sure. Many new friendships were cemented over the weekend and I look forward to seeing everyone again next year if not sooner...

No comments:

Post a Comment