Tuesday 21 February 2017

February 21st, 2017 - Photo 52 of 365

Maidenhead Bridge
Today was a crazy day at work, but I did manage to stop for 30 seconds in Maidenhead to get this photo of the bridge there crossing the Thames. This was rather appropriate as today was my birthday, and the first one without Mum. It was therefore a little bittersweet... I have been doing ok with the grieving process, mainly by putting the sad feelings and memories of 2016 away to a place where they rarely surface. Of course this also means that my many happy memories of Mum are also buried at the moment. Being a birthday it was impossible not to have thoughts about Mum today, but I managed to keep happy thoughts foremost in my mind, especially when I had an occasional sad moment. Maidenhead is my home town, born there (Taplow), raised there and the family home remains there, at least for a little while longer. As children we spent many happy Sunday lunchtimes at Maidenhead Rowing Club, just the other side of the bridge. Maidenhead will always hold so many special memories, which I am always reminded of whenever I drive through.

No comments:

Post a Comment