Tuesday 7 February 2017

February 7th, 2017 - Photo 38 of 365

Jeanette with the bowel cancer tie
Today's photo had to be one taken one from my meeting with Paralympic gold medallist, Jeanette Chippington at Eton Dorney Lake. She has kindly agreed to be in the forthcoming charity book that I am doing to raise funds for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity. Jeanette lives in Maidenhead and in fact went to the same school that both my mum and sister did. She was very generous with her time giving me lots of material for the chapter in the book, which I am writing in memory of my Mum who lost her 4 year battle with bowel cancer last August. We will be meeting again sometime soon as we both agreed that a photo of her holding her gold medal from Rio 2016 would be a perfect finishing touch for the piece I am writing about her, and she also wants to buy a copy of my current fundraising book, Lives & Times, which is very kind and supportive of her. She was really nice and I really enjoyed the time I spent with her, which I am sure will come across in the chapter in the book. The new book should be coming  out sometime in 2018 hopefully, but if you can't wait that long why not get a copy of Lives & Times...

No comments:

Post a Comment