Tuesday 10 January 2017

January 10th, 2017 - Photo 10 of 365

Mum & Dad's Cuckoo Clock
Much of the content from Mum & Dad's house is being rehoused with me, and my brother and sister, including their lovely cuckoo clock now in it's new home in my dining room. Their original cuckoo clock we grew up with eventually stopped working, so we got them a new one for their 40th wedding anniversary in 2000. I think my brother Noel had quiet a mission getting it on one of his trips to Switzerland.

At some point before Dad died in 2009 the cuckoo stopped chiming. I remember Dad getting the clock off the wall, and although the clock worked it seemed that it was going to remain silent forever. After his death I was having a look at the clock and realised that the switch on the side had been turned to off! Switching it back brought the cuckoo back to life and its been happily chiming ever since. I have never had a problem with the quite loud chiming, it's never interrupted my sleep so I was pleased to have it at my house. To this day I have no idea why Dad hadn't spotted this or if perhaps the resurrection of the chimes was perhaps of his doing from beyond the grave. We will never know...  

No comments:

Post a Comment