Tuesday 14 March 2017

March 14th, 2017 - Photo 73 of 365

Bisham Abbey
I went to Bisham Abbey, outside Marlow, today to photograph Paralympic Gold Medalist, Jeanette Chippington, for my new bowel cancer fundraising book. I actually stayed here 40 years ago as a young schoolboy on a football training course. At that time they were literally digging out the foundations for what was to become the National Sports Centre. I still remember it being a fantastic footballing educational experience. These days the old Abbey is a hotel and hosts weddings and conferences. The National Sports Centre, which is to left in terms of the photo, is a state of the art facility where Jeanette does her gym work. During my teens, the Maidenhead Town Youth football team that I played for, would train on the old 5-a-side courts which have long since been replaced. Happy memories and nice to go back there today.

No comments:

Post a Comment