Tuesday 3 October 2017

October 3rd, 2017 - Photo 276 of 365

Victoria Derbyshire at the Henley Literary Festival
Tonight I saw Victoria Derbyshire at the Henley Literary Festival talking about her book, Dear Cancer, Love Victoria. I have never been to an event of this type before, and it was a highly interesting, entertaining, and also at times an emotional evening. The inspirational and touching book chronicles Victoria's journey with breast cancer based on the diaries she wrote at the time. It offers hope and support for anyone touched by cancer, and is also breaking down some of the barriers surrounding cancer. I finished reading the book a couple of days ago, and it's a terrific read on so many levels.

Some people reading this will already know that I met Victoria in the summer for my own forthcoming fundraising book for Beating Bowel Cancer, which she has very kindly supported, and I am now going to be able to finish writing up the chapter. Victoria very kindly signed my copy of the book at the end of the evening, with probably the most meaningful and touching one word personal inscription that is possible. A quite remarkable and lovely lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment