Monday 2 October 2017

October 2nd, 2017 - Photo 275 of 365

Calluna Flower for Deborah Louise James
I bought this beautiful calluna flower this morning, and on my travels I went to pay my last respects to Deborah Louise James who passed away at the end of July. She'd had bowel cancer, and was just 37 years old, leaving behind her young daughter Grace. I'd known her on social media for about 18 months or so, but I only got to meet just the once, which was back in May when she very kindly came on board the new bowel cancer fundraising book I am writing. At that time Debs was still very positive, and determined to do everything she could to stay healthy, and live as long as possible in spite of an awful prognosis. I found her to be funny, kind, warm, a true inspiration, and she had the most infectious laugh. She told me that when she was younger, she said she would live to be 100, and with that lovely laugh she then said that it was still possible. Her grave has the most amazing display of colourful flowers - a wonderful tribute to her - so I added my small offering, and just spent a few quite minutes there. Thanks very much to her best friend Frankie who gave me directions on how to find Debs x

No comments:

Post a Comment