Monday 17 July 2017

July 17th, 2017 - Photo 198 of 365

Meeting Victoria Derbyshire
Today I met up with, broadcaster and journalist, Victoria Derbyshire, who very kindly agreed to be part of my new bowel cancer fundraising book, The Record. She revealed a terrific first record that she bought, but of course you will have to get the new book to find out what it is. All I can say is that I have the record in my own collection... We had to rearrange our meeting on a couple of occasions, one of which was down to the recent General Election being called. Victoria has been ever so helpful, coming up with an alternative date straight-away, and also met me out of London to save me making my way up to the BBC. 

She has, of course, been fighting cancer herself, and has her own story of her cancer battle coming out in a book this autumn. She was ever such a nice lady, and it was lovely meeting her. I have to thank Dafydd Wyn Farr-Jones, who once again has give me a terrific contact for the book.

My Mum bravely fought bowel cancer for over 4 years, but sadly passed away in August 2016 just a week after celebrating her 80th birthday. All proceeds from sales of the new book, along with the other items on my www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk website, are donated to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity. The book will also help raise awareness about bowel cancer. It is the second highest cancer killer in the UK, but can be successfully treated in over 90% of cases if detected early.

No comments:

Post a Comment