Wednesday 8 November 2017

November 8th, 2017 - Photo 312 of 365

Darfield Churchyard
Over the years, especially going back 20 years or so, my regular work trips up the M1 were either to Leeds or Hull, and so it was rare for me to deviate off the motorway. I rarely go up north for work these days, but this week I spent an hour in Darfield, which is a small village just outside Barnsley. If you look closely in the photo that figure is Ian McMillan, the writer, poet and broadcaster who I was meeting for the new bowel cancer charity book. I was just giving Prince I quick pit stop in the beautiful churchyard before our meeting. The church dates back to the 11th century, and Ian was a fountain of knowledge about the village, having lived there all his life, and was a fascinating man to meet, and talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment