Monday 13 November 2017

November 13th, 2017 - Photo 317 of 365

The Vapors in London
Although I wasn't doing any bowel cancer book photography, and I only had my phone camera with me, I couldn't resist taking a few photos watching The Vapors at 229 The Venue in London on Friday night, and this particular photo is one of the best ones I reckon.

The band are back together after a 35 year break! When I met lead singer Dave Fenton at the beginning of 2015 for the Lives & Times charity book there was no hint of any reunion. This was the second time I have seen them, and they are getting better and better. Of course they are best remembered for 'Turning Japanese', but their two stand out tracks for me are 'News At Ten' and 'Letter From Hiro'. In fact on Friday night these were performed back to back, so I was blown away. I am now looking forward to seeing them in London next March. And I also have to meet guitarist, and top TV director,  Ed Bazalgette for my new bowel cancer fundraising book.

No comments:

Post a Comment