Monday 28 August 2017

August 29th, 2017 - Photo 241 of 365

Mum & Anna
There can only be one photo today, as it's the first anniversary of losing my wonderful Mum. This is how I remember her, in a photo that I took in September 2014 when we were celebrating Anna's 9th birthday. My niece, and of course Mum's granddaughter, who gave such joy to Mum in her twilight years. A year on, and I still can't really put into words how I feel. Perhaps it's just a deep sadness within me, and I need add nothing more than that. Photos like this are a great reminder of the very many happy memories that greatly outweigh those final few sad months when Mum's health deteriorated, but even during those difficult times Mum's courageous, and dignified attitude was pretty special. She left a few words written down for me, Noel and Ali. Writing anything towards the end was almost impossible for her to do, but she simply said, "Look after each other." I find those four words quite precious, and hold onto them. I also like to think we are doing as she wished. I am sure Mum will have her glass of wine later, and Dad will have a pint of bitter, so raise your glasses... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment