Thursday 10 August 2017

August 10th, 2017 - Photo 222 of 365

Pub Signs
The pub close to work, The Dog & Badger, has undergone a major very expensive renovation in recent years. We must be talking hundreds of thousands of pounds... It's now quite upmarket, and many a fine car can be seen in its car park. It's a bit too pricey for me, not that I drink before, during, or even after work these days 😊 In fact it's more a restaurant than a boozer. The pub has retained its name, which isn't always the case these days, and I like that. However I am nore so sure about the pub sign... I have to admit that I am a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to pub signs, and just love the classic old style painted sign. The rather modern looking sign on display here doesn't really do it for me, almost verging on the tacky, but what do I know of course 😆

No comments:

Post a Comment