Tuesday 30 May 2017

May 30th, 2017 - Photo 150 of 365

The Angel On The Bridge at Henley
The Angel On The Bridge at Henley is a pub I probably haven't drank at properly in over 20 years. However if you turn the clock back 30 years or so, it was a pub me and my friends would spend most Saturday nights at completely sozzled! It was usually the 10th pub in our Brakspears pub crawl. Back then the pubs didn't open until 5.30-6.00 on a Saturday night, so we usually aimed to be starting our 10th pint in The Angel by 9.00. Fast forward to staggering out of Stallones Night Club at 2.00am and the amount of beer consumed was quite vast... I probably drank more pints in one night back then than I do in a whole year now!

More importantly a lovely thing happened to me in Henley today. This photo was taken outside the Henley Regatta headquarters, and in there I met a lovely lady who gave me a bit of a shock when she asked me if I was related to John Darvell... It turns out she and her husband knew my parents really well from their days at Maidenhead Rowing Club, and also through Mum's riding. She was actually at Mum's funeral last year too. I spent a few minutes chatting to her and it was just a really nice moment in a busy working day 😊 

No comments:

Post a Comment