Saturday 30 December 2017

December 30th, 2017 - Photo 364 of 365

Palmer Park
A couple of minutes from my house is Palmer Park in Reading, which is where I played the majority of my Saturday afternoon home football matches for 15 years or so. We would tend to play here for a year or two, then move somewhere else, and then come back here. We played at a pretty low level, and we won just the one trophy during all those years, but I think this is where we would play our best football, and it felt like home too. For all but a couple of those years I played in goal, partly because I wasn't too bad there - certainly during the early years, but also because I was never capable of running after Friday nights out on the town! I can't believe it is now 16-17 seasons since I stopped playing when our side folded.

No comments:

Post a Comment