Sunday 24 December 2017

December 24th, 2017 - Photo 358 of 365

The Bull at Sonning
Christmas Eve at The Bull in Sonning. In years gone by this was the biggest, and best night of the year for me and my friends. It was absolute mayhem, bedlam, carnage and it was a tradition we kept going for many years. If there has ever been a pub I could call my local then this it, and for 20 years or so this place was a massive part of my life. It is the only pub I have ever been barred from, after a Sunday lunchtime traffic cone incident 😊Of course times change, and during 2017 for the first time since I have been old enough to drink, I have not been to The Bull. In fact taking this photo this morning is the closest I have got, but as it was 9.00am, and on a Sunday I couldn't have a cheeky pint! Hopefully I'll get down there during 2018. Since George Clooney bought a house in Sonning he has been known to visit the pub, and apparently he wanted to buy it! I have not seen him, but my visits even before this year have been pretty rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment