Monday 26 March 2018

Bonus Photo March 26th, 2018

Danesfield House
Anyone who watched the fascinating Colin & Ewan McGregor RAF AT 100 programme on the BBC last night will have seen RAF Medmenham mentioned, and the vital role it played in gathering intelligence during World War 2 at its Danesfield House base. Now a hotel and spa, it's literally a couple of minutes up the road from me at work. 

I first went there in the mid 1980s just after I started work with Dad, as back then we delivered some carrier bags to Carnation Foods, who had taken over the house from the RAF in 1977. Although I drive past it pretty much every day, I think I have only been in there a couple of times since, going back over 10 years ago, when the hotel was thinking about having some up market paper bags. The RAF programme triggered a spark of curiosity in me, so I popped in today and took this photo of the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment