Saturday 30 September 2017

September 30th, 2017 - Photo 273 of 365

Beating Bowel Cancer Tie
I have taken the Beating Bowel Cancer tie with me on many of the photographic assignments for both of my fundraising books, and everyone who I have asked has always been very happy to pose for a photo with the tie. In some cases I have even used the tie photo in the book. In recent times the tie has started to look jaded and a little worn out. Rather than see it fall apart I have decided to retire it, and I will eventually put it into some kind of display case. I have a new tie kindly sent to me by the charity to take its place, so normal service continues. I have so many amazing memories of the tie with countless celebrities, countless "normal" people, but maybe the personal memory I have of the tie is wearing it to my Mum's funeral last year, as she stipulated no black and lots of colours. I think she would have approved 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment